This article refers to the TS internal process, handled by TS consultant, to prepare The Customer TS and Nomentia environment for the automatic master data sync from TS to Opus.
Do not enter any master data in TS, ref to internal Companies and associated Bank Accounts until the Nomentia environment is in place!
The general process of adding Companies and Bank Accounts in TS is handled in the published article for master data named “Companies and Bank Accounts”.
- Steps 1 to 5 per below are necessary to enable the automatic sync of master data from TS to Nomentia. The master data sync includes internal Companies and associated Bank Accounts. External Companies are not synced to Nomentia!
- Important to check that account numbers added in TS are the same as in the account statement file sent by the bank to Nomentia. Format for bank account number in the camt053 file sent by the bank should be agreed with the bank on beforehand. Accounts that are imported in Nomentia and cannot find a matching account number will automatically create a new bank account in Nomentia and will not be possible to delete or mapped via the sync from TS but needs to be mapped manually in Nomentia.
Step 1: Confirm with customer which banks and related bank connections they will use to import bank account statements and to export treasury payments.
Example of set up in TS for external Bank and “Nomentia Bank Connection Point”. Data for bank connection point is based on data in Nomentia and the drop down list is “hard coded” in TS.
“Nomentia Bank Connection Point” per below is inherited on bank account level for internal companies.
Ensure that customer has related bank agreements in place or has initiated the process for necessary agreements with respective bank.
Such agreements need to be in place between the customer and the banks before Nomentia can activate the connectivity/communication between Nomentia and respective bank. Still step 3 to 5 per below can be implemented before the agreements are in place.
When customer informs that agreements are in place:
- Provide Nomentia with copies of customer bank agreements
- Set up meetings including the customer, related bank, Nomentia and TS to discuss and confirm on bank connectivity between the bank and Nomentia
Contact Nomentia to set up the customer environment by sending them the “Order form”, including information about banks and bank connection points. Nomentia customer environment can be set up before the bank agreements are received from the customer.
The following user rights must be added in Nomentia (by Nomentia):
- TS "user" and "role" as example in Fig 1
- Customer "user" and "role" (same settings as for TS user). The user access for the customer is mainly needed to handle payments
- API Connection (to handle master data sync)
Ref to API Connection in Step 3 per above.
The corresponding data in TS is added in Settings-System Settings-System/Nomentia.
Information about “HOST”, “Client ID” and “Client Secret” for the “Open API” is provided by Nomentia. Store this user settings in Last Pass.
Example of customer setup in Fig 2 per below. Activate sync by ticking “Synchronize Master Data”. Please note that the preferred selection for "Default Nomentia Company Code Convention" is "Company Name", which will sync TS "Name" as "company code" to Nomentia.
If instead "Company ID" is selected, a numeric code is sent to Nomentia as "company name".
- Only 5 characters are possible to use in Nomentia as "company name". TS will cut "Name" to only include 5 characters when synced to Nomentia. The characters can not be space or comma etc.
- Only 30 characters are possible to use in Nomentia as "name". TS will cut "Legal Name" to only include 30 characters when synced to Opus
- Only 30 characters are possible to use in Nomentia as "Description". Consequently, the Description field in TS can only include a maximum of 30 characters.
TS and Nomentia are now ready to sync, and master data can be added in TS.
Start with a couple of internal Companies and Bank Accounts to check that the sync works properly before adding all master data.
TS example of status for internal company after sync:
Nomentia example of internal company after sync (with numeric “company code” applied by TS):
TS example of status for bank account after sync:
Nomentia example of bank account after sync:
Please note that master data for Bank Accounts can be imported in TS via file (csv). In such case, the following needs to be considered:
- Before bank accounts are imported, Banks must be set up as Companies
- Bank Connection Point must be added to banks that should be handled in Nomentia (import statements/export payments)
- Information about cash pool structure has to be added manually
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article